A Forceful finish to World Series Rugby

In an absolute heart-stopper of a match, the Western Force have come away triumphant in their final World Series Game of 2018.

A match reflecting the true culture of WSR, an action packed celebration of rugby, the Western Force just made it over the Panasonic Wild Knights coming away with 50-45 win.

It was the Panasonic Wild Knights that broke first blood with their star player Berrek Barnes nailing a penalty shot from distance in a remarkably high scoring close game.

But the Force were quick to hit back and make their mark with young super star Jack McGregor cutting through the Wild Knights defence giving great field position.

After forcing a number of penalties out of the Wild Knights, outside centre Marcel Brache was able to break through scoring the first try of the match.

In a game of tic for tac, the Wild Knights won’t be leaving Perth without having shown off some of their signature skill full plays scoring a brilliant power try in the corner of a well-placed chip kick setting the score at 7 -12.

The Force wasn’t going to hang around without the lead with Jack McGregor again showing his electrifying skill catching the ball straight from the kick-off and putting the Force back in the lead with an excellent try.

The Panasonic Wild Knights eventually came together and started to test the Force defence, driving down the field forcing a penalty try which resulted in a yellow card to lock Jeremy Thrush.

One man down didn’t stop the Force as they hit back sending over flanker Brynard ‘The Bull’ Stander for an easy try in the corner.

This impressive play shown by the Force didn’t dampen the spirits of the Wild Knights as they stepped up to display an impressive combination of skill and speed to score a quick two tries just before halftime finishing with a score of 21- 33.

As the second half got underway the Western Force were eager to take back the lead. Star backline player Marcel Brache he was unable to be stopped as he scored the first try of the second half.

Andrew Deegan played spectacularly throughout the match including setting up Brad Lacey with a beautiful cut out pass enabling the Force to acquire another seven points to tie-up the game at 33 all.

Looking to wrap up the match the Western Force needed to put themselves back into the lead. Coming together to form multiple phases the Force were able to send over Brynard Stander and Jeremy Thrush to score.

Panasonic didn’t back down, quickly replying with multiple tries of their own to ready to steal the hearts of Force fans closing the gap to 47-45 with only ten minutes to go.

But Captain Ian Prior was there when the team needed him the most and secured the win a late penalty kick to increase the lead by five points finishing the last game of World Series Game on a high.

Subscribe for the latest updates